View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 07:40 AM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

While Toyota's pricing on the device reflects an AMAZING amount of pride they hold for it it really is a simple and common device. Hit a local salvage yard and check under the hood of any pre-1990 Toyota (Celicas and Camrys should be quite easy to find and plunder) and grab a couple for a total of $5. They should all be the same size, but take yours to compare while you're there. When you get them home connect a small piece of hose and try to blow through... it shouldn't. Put it in some boiling water for a minute and try to blow through again... should blow through fine. Naturally take the tube off before heating the BVSV so you don't burn your lips.... can't believe I feel I need to add that disclaimer.

I wouldn't just open it to the intake outright and I definitely recommend against blocking it off. There are other ways of controlling it but they involve more effort than you really need to put into it.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote