Thread: F@#cking SMOG
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 02:54 AM   #13
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, there is no federal limit on TESTING for emissions. You may not under any circumstances circumvent or remove any original Fed or Cali required emissions equipment. States may offer an exemption from TESTING based on their own criteria; HOWEVER, most states froze the year before which a vehicle must have been made a very long time ago. In Colorado, for example, the year was frozen at 1974 or 1975 well after the fact and NO, you are not grandfathered into it. I actually have yet to find a state where they're still letting the counter run for "classic" vehicle status (formerly a designation for any vehicle once it's reached 20 or 25 years of age). For 99% of the US this is complete bullshit... and I don't know where the 1% is. Is your state doesn't require active emissions testing you are still accountable for obeying federal regulations and making sure the entire, original or newer emissions control system(s) is present and in tact... You can still get pulled over and ticketed. A "classic" status is not the blanket legal exemption so many people wish it to be.

And before someone brings it up, no, there is no 25 year law about importing cars either.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote