View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #14
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebang View Post
The coolant came out more water than coolant...must have been when I was topping it off i was mixing it too weak. Not a whole lot of coolant came out!
No worries there unless it's been a good bit below freezing temps there. Water by itself is a better heat exchanger than the components in coolant. The term "coolant" is a misnomer... it's a dielectric agent and a freeze temp modifier.

Quote:
I got the valve covers and the gasket of course is shot...there are four bolts holding it on what do I use to remove these.
I believe it's a 10mm allen socket that you want. PROTIP: a 10mm long nut and a 10mm socket wors very well if you can't find an allen socket or they're over priced.

Quote:
If the car would have overheated really badly why would have I lost all oil pressure and nothing but white smoke coming from the exhaust?
It could be two unrelated issues. White smoke is indicative of coolant entering the combustion chamber. A compression test may reveal it or pressurizing the coolant system may. This does not bode well for your HG though. Of course if your oil pump failed your pressure would fall to nothing and the extra friction could generate enough heat to warp things, blow the HG, causing the white smoke and crack the head allowing the gas from the combustion chamber to blow out the tensions wires.... Let's all take a moment to pray or wish or whatever it is you may do that this is not the case. This whole scenario is quite unlikely.... and a bit silly to even speculate on.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote