View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #20
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

To elaborate on post #7:

There is a third place it can come from... That's the PCV plumbing. If you've got severe blow-by issues the quantity of oil passing through the crankcase ventilation system can be quite high and quickly degrade the couplings giving the oil another escape route than the intake tract. It's not common and usually takes quite some time but it does happen often enough that you shouldn't disregard the possibility. I've seen this twice. It's a rather nice surprise as it's the easiest thing to take care of, but I usually replace the valve cover seals anyway (as I've probably already bought them :P ).

Don't forget the FIPG at the right angle of the #1 cam caps.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->

Last edited by cre; 03-13-2012 at 04:07 PM.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote