View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 01:41 PM   #23
El Supracabras
3" Exhaust

El Supracabras is on a distinguished road

I would recommend buying a pre bent kit over trying to figure it out yourself. It saves time and you don't end up with a million couplers under the hood plus the kits have bead rolled ends (something you will appreciate when you start to raise the boost!).
I have had the CX Racing intercooler kit on my car for around 2 years with no problems. The cost was great ($300 shipped) but it is certainly not a "bolt on" kit. Oil cooler AND lines, steering cooler, horns and coolant reservoir needed to be relocated slightly. I also had to enlarge the hole where the i/c piping enters the engine bay on the passenger side. The quality of the i/c was what you would expect for the price. It is huge and looks great behind the grill but is heavier than stock. The piping and couplers were decent but the t-clamps aren't the strongest. If your car is lowered, the i/c piping that passes under the front of the core support can easily be damaged by bottoming out or careless towing (heck even if its not lowered).
Good luck with the install.
El Supracabras is offline   Reply With Quote