pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deigima View Post
come on dude, get to the point. no bs, just tell me
Stock twins, 6spd: 350rwhp on pump gas
76mm turbo (or bigger), 6spd: 700rwhp on pump gas

However, with the 76mm turbo, running 15psi on pump gas, you'll be running 220rwhp until you hit about 5500 rpm or so. You'll be living in turbo lag city, and it'll suck donkey b@llz.

Can you see now why I was trying to find out more about your setup? There is no one clear answer...it depends a lot on the turbo you'l be running, and your application. Maybe rediculous turbo lag won't be a factor to you, if all you'll be doing is drag racing - just drop the clutch at 6k and keep it at redline through the whole 1/4 mile. Or maybe you want to stay with the stock twins because of the cost of a single turbo and fuel system upgrade, so you'll be stuck at 350rwhp. This sh*t ain't BS buddy...it's critical information and there's no way to properly and correctly answer your question without knowing it all.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 02-29-2012 at 02:44 AM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote