View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 07:52 PM   #9
priyesh12
Stock

priyesh12 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
I think you'd be surprised. Most dyno shops, race tracks, and motorcycle shops have race fuel. Many areas have a distribution center not too far away for at least one race fuel supplier: VP Racing Fuels, Sunoco, etc. You can even run methanol injection with Isopropyl or Denatured Ethanol, both readily available from home improvement stores. Heck, worst case you could run your meth injection system with pure distilled water. Consider the alternatives, and don't limit yourself to 15psi - what a waste, considering your shortblock and head is built to handle about double that.
Haha yeah, I'll see if i can't get my hands on some isopropyl or denatured ethanol. Race fuel, I'm not too sure on that since I live in Africa literally in the middle of no where lol....but I see if I can find some for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
As much as I hate to admit it, it appears I may have been wrong about the FCD function in the MS-2. According to the manual, it may work just like the GReddy BCC...better in fact, since you can adjust the max voltage level interactively on a display, instead of calibrating it with a screwdriver. Just set the max voltage per the GReddy BCC install instructions, and it may work perfectly. Again, this assumes the documentation in that manual is accurate, and the only thing it does is limit max voltage. The critical difference between devices that do not limit cut properly and the ones that do (for the Mkiv Supra Turbo) is as follows: the ones that do not modify the voltage below the cut point (usually linearly). I'd recommend you test this - use a bicycle pump to change the pressure the TPS is seeing to just below the cut point, and be sure the MS-2 isn't modifying the voltage (compare the sensor output voltage against the MS-2 output voltage) - if they're the same, it works properly...but if they're not the same, the MS-2 is modifying the voltage below the cut point and you'll need to get a GReddy BCC.
Okay so I did the bicycle pump test you mentioned...the results were what I hoped for...the MS-2 was not modifying the voltage, the sensor output was equal to that of the MS-2 and so I guess its working properly...so perhaps this MS-2 is worth the money then!

Thanks for the help!
priyesh12 is offline   Reply With Quote