View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
Spy_91
Stock

Spy_91 is on a distinguished road
Post Wastegate issues...i think

So I decided to blow some of the cobwebs out of my mk3 the other day and right before I shifted to 3rd (around 5600-5700rpm and pushing 9 psi, fyi...i have a stock turbo and my EVC was set to override the OEM settings) the engine cut out/stopped boosting, but the car did not die and the check engine light came on momentarily. It felt like i over boosted and the car shut down to keep the engine from "exploding"?

The only things i noticed are that there is no longer the wastegate flutter when i shift/let off throttle. And after i shift there seems to be more turbo lag than usual. It is boosting though, cause the needle does go over 0 psi and i can hear it. It also doesn't seem to pull like it used to. I have spent several hours tinkering with the actuator, o2 sensor, bov, etc. really trying to avoid taking the turbo and/or down pipe off and really want to avoid taking it to a shop. I also reset the EVC (HKS evc III) which was probably a bad idea since the car wasn't boosting properly?

I know next to nothing about this stuff and i looked at similar forums on here but i couldn't find any solutions. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Spy_91 is offline   Reply With Quote