Thread: Random stalling
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 01:51 AM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Code 41 isn't a calibration error. Either the TPS has been unplugged at some point, is damaged or the wiring harness or ECU is damaged.

Code 22 doesn't always result in difficulty starting... It may result in difficulty starting difficulty starting in significantly cold or hot weather. Essentially though it causes the ECU to run as if it were cold: see Lots of extra fuel, base timing map, open loop operation.

Code 24, like code 41, is set if the AFM is disconnected while the ECU is powered up or if it is damaged or the wiring or ECU are damaged. I believe that if the error is persistent the ECU assumes an ambient air temp of around 70?F; If the actual air temp is significantly different this will also severely affect performance.

While these codes will all remain stored in the ECU they should not affect performance if the problem has been corrected. You may clear them and see if they return after a drive or two.

Do note that the ECU temp sensor is not the same one used for the dash gauge; So don't go thinking that because the gauge works the sensor is fine.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote