View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 10:44 PM   #2
Ranma
12psi boost

Ranma is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabuSoro View Post
Hey guys. I've been a lurker here, and necessity has caused me to join. I was in a collision on 1/20/2012, and my car (in my non professional opinion) is totaled.

For legal issues, I do not want to go into what happened. The details are not really important.

I drive (drove) a 1987 Supra. It was a gift to me, and my baby. She was in pristine condition. On 1/10/2012, I was in an accident with another vehicle with minor damage to both vehicles. Estimated damage to my car was $738.65. On 1/20/2012, I was involved in a far more severe collision, with severe damage to my vehicle. The front bumper, both fenders above the front wheels, the passenger door, and the fender above the rear passenger wheel are all severely damaged. The cost to repair (from my uneducated guesses) will far surpass the KBB of my car (it is only worth approximately $3,500 on a good day).

My car was literally pristine before all of this. I am devastated-and I know I shouldn't be. But I am. This was my first car, it was unique, flawless, and special to me.

The CHP officer on scene seemed under the impression that it was my fault. I am working to disprove this claim- he seemed to be assuming that I was driving my car as if I was on the track and lost control.

I have been scouring the internet for a review of this generation Supra so that I can have "official," 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times, among other specs. As we all know, our Supras stock are not *that* fast without modification, but I want official backing to prove my claim. My car is a 1987, non turbo model.

Copied and pasted from another forum I am on. Link to the other forum is here:

http://sacramentoridersforum.com/sho...lp-consolation.
I have a lot more into my car than 3500, you need to get an estimate. I have a 86.5 7MGE with a 5 speed and yes it can get me into trouble. Also The judge is not going to buy your argument. Careless or reckless driving can be done with my daily a Honda Civic.
From the description of the damage it would seem you hit something HARD with the right front of the car. Did you push the radiator into the engine? I do trust you were not hurt.
No If I were you, I would keep my mouth shut. Judges have no sense of humor whatsoever and you can get yourself in real trouble.