View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 03:06 AM   #1
supraman3000
3" Exhaust

supraman3000 is on a distinguished road
Default shock and springs installation Q;

I recently installed my eibach springs & kyb shocks,kyb shock bellows.
my problem is that when i installed them the rear shock bellows from kyb
were a bit skinnier than the stock ones i took off(wich were rotted and yellow)so decided to installed the kyb's these are round in one end and flat in the other, I installed them with the flat part up wich held up in the shock shaft, now when i installed the left side shock rear the other bellow i installed with the round part of the bellow to the top reason i did this was because when i took off the stock shock, the bellows were round up top, so i said to myself shit! I installed the right side wrong never the less I continued after installing the hole assembly i noticed that the shock bellow moved its way down on the chrome shaft on the shock?
I continue to installed the fronts, till sundown, freezing cold!
so i decide to do the fronts next day i take off the shocks i looked and see the stock bellows im like these i bought look really skinny and long im like nope im installing back the stock ones wich still looked good the right one fitted back on the shock shaft the left one went down just like in the back now im riding with the car one side 1/2 inch taller than the other. has anyone had this problem with aftermarket shock bellows and wich bellows should i buy? the stock ones are expensive as heck!
supraman3000 is offline   Reply With Quote