Thread: my coolant leak
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 12:53 AM   #9
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

My preference is Hylomar's sealants. Hylomar Universal Blue is good for most applications. They make a spray which I prefer for HGs but it's nearly impossible to find. Hylomar Advanced Formula (solvent free) is supposed to work very well too, it's free flowing so you want to use as little as possible because what doesn't fit into surface imperfections will press out... I would apply either by just wetting the gasket and apply to the metal surfaces with the edge of a business card to squeegee in just enough.

http://www.hylomarsealant.com/_resou.../products.html

They got hard to find for a while but Mopar sells their universal blue under the name Mopar Hylomar.... and it seems Permatex now has licensed the sealant as well.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote