View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 09:40 PM   #1
Killa B
3" Exhaust

Killa B is on a distinguished road
Angry Overheating....head gasket i believe

im starting to think the 7mge isnt worth a flip. I recently rebuilt the entire engine with all new parts and gaskets, the only parts i left in it are the Piston rods Crank and Cams i had the block head and crank sent to NAPA for machine work and they rebuilt the head for me. Last night i was driving the car and noticed it started to overheat. (I have put about 5K miles on it trouble free) so i had no idea what it could be. I let the engine cool down and started it back up, A LOT of white smoke came out the tail pipe i do not have coolant in my oil or oil in my coolant, however if anyone on here has ever detailed an engine and started it up sometimes you hear like a waterfall noise coming from the engine while sitting inside the car due to water in the cylinders. I was also hearing this noise again (havent detailed my engine) and when i take off the radiator cap and tried to burp the system i have bubbles coming up and it sort of guiser like before the car even starts to warm up. Is it possible that my headgasket blew and im getting coolant into the cylinders? BTW when i rebuilt my engine (im not sure of the spec been looking but cant find it) i know you are supposed to use APR headbolts and torque the head differently than OEM spec. What is this spec? Do i have to use a metal HG because the new one i used was composite i believe?