View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 02:38 AM   #7
professorbob
Intake

professorbob is on a distinguished road
Default Supra idle speed control problems

Well, I'm back after considerable delay. Had to purchase new vacuum hoses for the Idle Speed Control Valve ( ISCV ) I cleaned the plunger with solvent to remove the carbon etc. I checked the values and they checked OK.

I also checked the values on the Throttle Position Sensor ( TPS ) off the vehicle and they checked OK. I double index marked the TPS before removal and reinstalled to the same exact location as original.
The Battery had been disconnected since the parts were remove for cleaning and check.
The Check Engine Light flashed and I ran a code check and received a 41. Probable need to run an additional check on the automatic overdrive light as well.
I removed the jumper and after some hesitation and several crank attempts the engine finally started. Now the engine RPM fluctuates from idle up to 1400 and back over and over.

Also. The gasket at the exhaust manifold and header is now leaking. Could this cause enough upset in the system to create the problem I have been unable to resolve?

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Prof
professorbob is offline   Reply With Quote