Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIV Supra

Old 05-04-2011, 02:11 AM   #11
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuner92 View Post
but its a widebody
put those rims on a stock body supra and i think the rims wouldnt work to good and you would need thinner rims to fit a stock body
True, but they'd still be 20s in diameter... and besides, you can fit wide rims under fender flares - no need for a widebody.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:07 PM   #12
kawboyz2002
Stock

kawboyz2002 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
I guess this is a pretty subjective area. I believe this setup looks great:
this is the look I'm trying to get for my car... What size are these wheels and tires and what's the offset? I have to put my car in the shop to get painted soon, so if I have to roll my fenders to get the wheels to fit, I would rather do I before the paint job...I will post some pics of my car soon, I've just been responding through my phone and can't figure out how to post pics on this site as yet... I'll try again this weekend...

Last edited by pwpanas; 05-14-2011 at 02:59 AM.
kawboyz2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:00 AM   #13
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawboyz2002 View Post
this is the look I'm trying to get for my car... What size are these wheels and tires and what's the offset? I have to put my car in the shop to get painted soon, so if I have to roll my fenders to get the wheels to fit, I would rather do I before the paint job...I will post some pics of my car soon, I've just been responding through my phone and can't figure out how to post pics on this site as yet... I'll try again this weekend...
Pretty sure that's a widebody Mkiv. You'd have to do a lot more than just roll your fenders to get those wheels to fit (due to their width, not their diameter).

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:06 AM   #14
bigdame67
Stock

bigdame67 is on a distinguished road
Default I'm riding 20s

/Users/dcbrown7/Desktop/IMAG0165-1.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0165-1.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	4750  
bigdame67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:27 AM   #15
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdame67 View Post
Thanks for posting the pic - your setup looks great.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your rwhp (approx.), and how is your traction from a dead stop?

Old 01-08-2013, 01:03 AM   #16
bigdame67
Stock

bigdame67 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
Thanks for posting the pic - your setup looks great.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your rwhp (approx.), and how is your traction from a dead stop?
I only have a base, 5 speed manuel.
bigdame67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:01 PM   #17
Codyjamesuno
3" Exhaust

Codyjamesuno is on a distinguished road

I like the look of 20's as well, but I would be afraid of the ride quality with that slim of a tire. I just bought 19's for my Supra the other day. My question to you guys is what tire size should I go with front and back? My fronts rims are 8.5 inch wide, & my rears are going to be 9.5 inch wide. What size tires do you guys recommend? I was either thinking 275/30/19 or 285/30/19 in the rear, & 235/35/19 in the front? I am also selling what I have seen in the picture below, PM me if your interested or if you want more information about them! I will also put an ad in the classified section for the wheels I am selling.

Oh & I don't want to roll the fenders, if that makes a difference. I am also installing TIEN coilovers as well,
Thanks guys!

sorry about the blurriness of the first picture
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3021.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	272.5 KB
ID:	4751   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3212.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	297.3 KB
ID:	4752  

Last edited by pwpanas; 01-08-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Codyjamesuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:03 PM   #18
Codyjamesuno
3" Exhaust

Codyjamesuno is on a distinguished road

Quote:
love the look with the red accent! Awesome car man
Codyjamesuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:11 PM   #19
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codyjamesuno View Post
I like the look of 20's as well, but I would be afraid of the ride quality with that slim of a tire. I just bought 19's for my Supra the other day. My question to you guys is what tire size should I go with front and back? My fronts rims are 8.5 inch wide, & my rears are going to be 9.5 inch wide. What size tires do you guys recommend? I was either thinking 275/30/19 or 285/30/19 in the rear, & 235/35/19 in the front? I am also selling what I have seen in the picture below, PM me if your interested or if you want more information about them! I will also put an ad in the classified section for the wheels I am selling.

Oh & I don't want to roll the fenders, if that makes a difference. I am also installing TIEN coilovers as well,
Thanks guys!

sorry about the blurriness of the first picture
What is your rwhp? This should be your starting point to determine your rear rim width. Since you say your rears are going to be factory-spec 9.5 inch, I hope you're planning to limit your hp to factory specs too (320hp).

Old 01-08-2013, 11:12 PM   #20
pwpanas
Supra Owner

Quote:
I only have a base, 5 speed manuel.
I see. Traction isn't an issue then. Hmmmmmm.....