Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 02-24-2010, 06:06 AM   #111
bradenman1
3" Exhaust

bradenman1 is on a distinguished road

I got some of the parts from champion toyota and toyota partszone today i think they may have sent me the wrong studs ill have to check tomorrow

sooo i got my insurance check today for my altima. i got 3211.50 for it : ) 1200 of which is going into the supra!!!

1995 NIssan altima with 2 year old pant on black Drag DR-8 17x7 Wheels with brand new Goodyear Eagle GT's
Custom Blue Parking lights with White silverstar head lights
JDM Ebay Catback Exhaust.
K&N air filter.
(Totaled Due To An Idiot)

bone stock (for now) 1990 Supra Turbo With a brand new CT-26 Turbo And New Exhaust Manifold. Now With A Brand New Blown Head Gasket

Now driving a 99 Nissan Maxima 5spd with the passanger side bashed in from passing out at the wheel nice cars ehh??
bradenman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:07 AM   #112
bradenman1
3" Exhaust

Ok so i got the studs in for the turbine housing and i tried to put them on the turbo and they are stripping out. they thread on untill the stud tapers to actual size threads. its the exact toyota part number and everything i dont understand why they wont work... any suggestions this was suposed to just glide on but it wont even thread in more than a millimeter

1995 NIssan altima with 2 year old pant on black Drag DR-8 17x7 Wheels with brand new Goodyear Eagle GT's
K&N air filter.

bone stock (for now) 1990 Supra Turbo With a brand new CT-26 Turbo And New Exhaust Manifold. Now With A Brand New Blown Head Gasket

Now driving a 99 Nissan Maxima 5spd with the passanger side bashed in from passing out at the wheel nice cars ehh??
Old 02-25-2010, 06:21 AM   #113
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

If it's not threading in more than a millimeter it's most likely the wrong thread pitch.

What part number did you order and what did you get? Have you verified the p/n in the EPC?
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:51 PM   #114
bradenman1
3" Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
If it's not threading in more than a millimeter it's most likely the wrong thread pitch.

What part number did you order and what did you get? Have you verified the p/n in the EPC?
I ordered it from toyota parts zone and the diagram and the listing was for 17025A and the parts number that replaces it was 90116-10125.

these studs are suposed to be the same ones for the exhaust manifold/turbo mounting studs as well, but i havnt been able to try them in a manifold mine hasnt come in yet.

K&N air filter.

Old 02-26-2010, 02:57 AM   #115
bradenman1
3" Exhaust

I emailed toyotapartszone last night still no reply... The part numbers matched what was on the bags they sent but the part in the bag must be wrong i guees. thats the only thing i can think of. i was going to order them through HPF and see if those fit, but im not sure i should i may get the same part again...

The diagram im refering to is the EPC. On the the Toyotapartszone site the EPC picture is there while you order so you can look at what you are "SUPPOSED" to get when they mail it to you.

K&N air filter.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:44 PM   #116
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

I'd look up the thread pitch for the studs and then take one to a hardware store and use their gauge (or even just go through the metric nuts) to find out what the thread pitch of the stud you have is. Do the threads in the turbo housing look like they may be mangled at all?
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 02-27-2010, 10:52 PM   #117
bradenman1
3" Exhaust

Quote:
I'd look up the thread pitch for the studs and then take one to a hardware store and use their gauge (or even just go through the metric nuts) to find out what the thread pitch of the stud you have is. Do the threads in the turbo housing look like they may be mangled at all?
Its an m10 1.25 pitch. the threads looked good except for the one I tried to force the stud into. I called powerfab and they are going to figure it all out. He said hell get me new hardwar. Either new studs or bolts that will work

K&N air filter.

Old 02-28-2010, 12:01 AM   #118
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

You want studs; More accurate torque and higher clamping force... plus, if one side seizes up you can still get the turbo off.

Tip Jar --->
Old 02-28-2010, 01:21 AM   #119
bradenman1
3" Exhaust

Quote:
You want studs; More accurate torque and higher clamping force... plus, if one side seizes up you can still get the turbo off.
I didn't even think about that. Ill have to call power fab on Monday and see if he can get studs for sure. Thanks for that lol I'm sure you just saved e a nightmare and a turbo. If the bolts seizes id be screwed

K&N air filter.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:39 AM   #120
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradenman1 View Post
If the bolts seizes id be screwed
Nah, you'd just be crying and sweating with bloody knuckles by the time you do get it off... But there are reasons auto makers (not just Toyota) prefer studs.

Tip Jar --->