View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 11:20 PM   #1
lifesnotfair
3" Exhaust

lifesnotfair is on a distinguished road
Default Everybody goes Turbo here - Can N/A Supras be fast?

Yes, we all know MKIII's are insanely heavy and the best and fastest way to get it to run fast is to go turbo.

But what if someone is not aiming to run 11-12-13 in the 1/4 mile... What if someone would settle for a 14.5 secs 1/4 mile Supra, and his car is N/A? (kinda my case).

I've owned Turbo cars and know what it feels like, and it was originally my plan.. but today I was saying to myself: 200HP stock... I've read that the stock exhaust is quite thin and putting a big one would give you some more horsies. Then intake, header, and maybe something to the ignition? (Wider cables, coil blaster, MSD.. How fast (or slow) will the Supra be running?

Yeah, everyone says "you'll want more speed on the longrun".. yeah, and when I get to that point, I'll probably spend more money and get a 1JZ and mod it. But I'm talking about some more speed so my daily driver car isn't that slow. I don't care if I geat beaten by other cars, my excuse will be: my car weights a LOT, and it's not even turbo, so back off. =) Hehehe, just kidding. I was just asking coz maybe, for my actual needs, this could be economically my best option (I don't feel that huge need for speed right now.. Sure, later I'll get it back, but I could spend at least a year or two without a turbo car)..

My car is automatic, which pops up another question: Is there a better tranny than the stock N/A tranny? I know it's different from the Turbo model. What about the differential? I don't think mine has an LSD... is there a way to find this out?? It probably doesn't have one. Would a proper one give one more power in the first gears? (although it's not probably a good option as one would then go at 60mph and 4k rpm =p).

Just asking...
lifesnotfair is offline   Reply With Quote