View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 12:39 AM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor217 View Post
Thanks for the input! I'll post pics tomorrow when I get a chance. More info:

Haven't changed head gasket.

I did compression test a while ago, though I'm not sure if I did it correctly. At least 2 cylinders were under 100 psi as I recall. The car was running decent at the time, smooth idle and no stalling or anything.
Compression tests need to be done while the engine is as warm as possible. Older engine which have excellent sealing surfaces may report VERY low when cold but come in near perfect when warm. Worth checking as being able to provide honest numbers if a buyer asks may mean another $100 or $200 in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor217 View Post
Thanks for your input, CRE. I've been reading your insightful posts for years and have learned much about these cars through your postings...
Thanks, I'm glad I could help. I'm always accepting tips. I'm sorry you need to move on but hey, I did too. Haven't owned a MKIII Supra in a couple years now and no longer take take on jobs for people who own them... I've had enough of fixing problems that other people started and man do people do amazing work when it comes to hacking these cars up.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote